Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: the movie is November 29th? AFTER Thanksgiving?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does that seem like a poor marketing move to anyone else? They won't show it before the Holiday Shopping Weekend? Both stores will be in full holiday frenzy over that weekend, but without the movie, their sales will not be as high!

    Just doesn't make sense to me. Some parents may finish their holiday shopping before their daughters even see the movie. Remember how many new people were introduced to AG last year because of the Samantha/Nellie movie?

    Laurie

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 01, 2005 07:09 PM: Message edited by: dianasmama ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Annette111's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2005
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am disappointed about the November 29th showing too. Last year my DD didn't have school the next day, because it was the beginning of Thanksgiving break. We were able to sit back and enjoy the movie because we knew she could sleep in the next day. Now I guess we will have to tape it, which takes something away from it. I didn't even think about parents shopping before the movie is shown. I would think it would hurt Mattel, too. That is a whole week they will miss of "newcomers" shopping before Christmas. I wonder when the DVD will be released?

  3. #3
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    The one good thing about taping the movie, though, is you get to skip all the commercials. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just saw the Samantha DVD in stores for the first time this week. How long has it been out for?

  5. #5
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    I think the Samantha DVD came out a couple of weeks before Christmas, didn't it? I am pretty sure it was before and I remember buying it, just don't remember exactly what day it was. The first editions had a mini Samantha doll in them, and I got one of those cause they were going really fast!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ilovedolls I'm with you. We had a sleepover with DD and her cousins. It was great. It started the whole holiday season for us. It will be hard to tape it and save it for the weekend (what day is the 29th?) Maybe there was a conflict? Are they showing the Samantha movie again?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IMO, their entire marketing strategy is off kilter. Most of the girls in the target age probably have no idea who Felicity is - much less Elizabeth, so why choose them over the dolls they already know and love.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Whoever's running this either (a) is nuts, or (b) knows something we can't even begin to suspect.

    I think I'm starting to come down from the Elizabeth high already. I need my orders from AG to hurry here to cheer me up!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It may have to do with the TV schedule and they have no controll over it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that what they are thinking is that that day (the 29th) is the last day of sweeps. Traditionally, the thursday-sunday of thanksgiving are very low rated. Since last year's movie performed so well they want to get the millions to watch in a time period where the WB can cahrge advertizers more. The fee to air a commercial on tuesday on the WB is higher than it is on a Thursday.

    he WB has a much stronger Tuesday night line up than it does on Thursday, esp since they are up against must see tv as well as shows like the OC.

    Lara

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •